IBM Maximo Upgrades
CTS has upgraded every version of Maximo to every newer version of Maximo, from version 4.x to 7.5. And while the end result – an upgraded Maximo system – is easily stated, there are several different components to an upgrade, and several different strategies for achieving an upgraded Maximo system.
From a technical perspective, there are three main approaches:
- Using the provided IBM upgrade utilities to run the upgrade
- Installing the new version of Maximo and manually migrating components from the older system
- Conducting a re-implementation of Maximo in cases where the gaps between the existing system and the desired to-be system are sizeable enough to treat the project as a new implementation of Maximo altogether.
From a functional or business perspective, several different components may apply, including:
- Major process re-design as desired by the business
- Process re-design where warranted by the availability of new functionality or evolution in best practices
- Gap analysis necessary to incorporate new Maximo usage areas or desired system modifications
CTS has conducted many Maximo upgrades for client organizations varying in size, industry focus, Maximo versions, combination of implemented Maximo products, and complexity of project requirements. All of our consultants have led or participated in upgrade projects, and all are knowledgeable in numerous versions of Maximo.
Each upgrade project starts with two things: a discussion of requirements, and an assessment of the existing Maximo system. These two steps can be achieved quickly, and at little to no cost. Contact CTS today to see what we can do for you.
IBM Maximo Implementation Services
Control Technology Solutions Maximo Implementation Services have conducted dozens of new Maximo implementations for our clients over the years. As a company, we have implemented every version of Maximo from version 4.x, and we are currently involved in several implementations of Maximo 7.5.
In addition to Maximo Asset Management, CTS has implemented Maximo add-on products and Maximo Industry Solutions in various combinations as required by our clients. Products we have implemented include Maximo Linear, Maximo Spatial Asset Management, Maximo Calibration Manager, Maximo ACM, Maximo Mobile, Maximo for Oil and Gas, and Maximo for Utilities.
Our experience in conducting Maximo implementations has led us to develop several tools to simplify repetitive or laborious parts of the implementations process associated with data loading, and migrating between environments. We provide these tools to our clients free of charge in the completion of projects where appropriate.
CTS understands the services your organization provides are ultimately about the benefit your customer experiences. In addition, organizations today are demanding you do more with less—less people, less budget and less time to delivery.
Our Executive Consulting Services are designed with your needs in mind
- Stable work environments
- Alignment of service outcomes to fulfillment expectations
- Predictable pricing
- Flexible capacity management—on demand and per available resources
- Reliable customer relationship and support
- Ability to foster collaborative initiatives and activities
CTS Executive Consulting Services combine both upfront strategic assessments and planning with continued support in the delivery of the assessment outcomes and recommendations. Unlike other consulting firms that end relationships after the formation of a strategy, CTS provides the necessary resources, skills and knowledge to ensure successful delivery of those strategic initiatives.
Enterprise Asset Management Solution Architecture
Control Technology Solutions is one of IBM’s top Premier Business Partners and have been recognized and awarded for our technical expertise and innovative approach to solving our customers’ business challenges. We architect, design and implement industry-focused, integrated solutions leveraging the entire IBM Software Suite of solutions, including Maximo, Business Analytics, Information Management, Commerce, Portal, Content Management and Collaboration, SOA and Integration.
Control Technology Solutions is an IBM Certified Solution Designer for Maximo Enterprise Asset Management.
Our technical staff will design and implement a custom EAM solution within the your unique environment. In addition, our services include product documentation, and all the necessary support resources.
Control Technology Solutions will Optimize your Solution Design
- Assist in defining and reviewing requirements and use cases for Maximo applications.
- Help guide and lead build, test and deployment of Maximo application configuration and customization to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Supervising process and functional design activities
- Create functional requirements as an input to application design
- Develop and test detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototype
- Supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
- Plan and execute data conversion activities (e.g., test data)
- Drive test planning and execution
Enterprise Mobility Solutions
Mobility is transforming the way we conduct business. The internet of things and smart devices are enabling companies of every size to compress information latency and turn location-specific knowledge into an operational advantage. When enabled by affordable and reliable mobile solutions, companies can improve performance in cost control, speed and process quality.
With our softWrench Platform, mobile experts and years of Maximo mobile experience CTS can help you mobilize your company and change the way you do business.
Simplify processes, accelerate results with enterprise mobility
Mobility provides real-time, location based information to accelerate almost any activity for more efficient processes and better outcomes.
You can use mobility to:
- Update Work Orders and Service Requests
- Track Labor, Materials, Vehicles and People
- Monitor inventory levels from the field to ensure availability of stock
- Automate processes and monitor assets using Machine-To-Machine technology
Mobilize your enterprise today
From remote access services to mobile security, mobile device management, mobile applications, and consulting, CTS has helped customers mobilize their business processes and has delivered solutions of every scope.
Let CTS mobilize your organization today.
Service Provider Solutions
CTS Service Provider Solutions focus on the specific needs and challenges facing Facility Service Providers. Utilizing our cloud based infrastructure, softWrench Platform and services CTS can provide service providers with a customized branded work order management and asset management solution to support both their workforce and their clients.
CTS can easily add a work order and asset management solution to your website with your branding and full mobile device support.
Contact our service provider solutions team today to learn how this low cost easy to implement solution can fits your needs and provide you valuable insights and competitive differentiation.
IBM Maximo Training Services
Control Technology Solutions provides a wide range of Maximo training services.
Typically, for client projects, we provide Systems Administrator training and End User training. We generally provide training in a workshop setting, recommending that class sizes be limited to around 4 for Systems Administrators, and to 10 for End Users, to ensure that each trainee receives individual attention as required.
For End User training, our proposed model is usually a train-the-trainer model, whereby Control Technology Solutions provides training to one or two groups of intended client super-users, who will then provide training to the remaining end users. This model offers several benefits to the client: first, it reduces the cost associated with having a consultant train several user groups. Second, it creates internal system experts, able to provide ad-hoc training to existing users, as well as training for new users moving forward And finally, we find that as client involvement increases in the project implementation phase, so too does adoption of the product.
Though this is typically our recommended End User training model, CTS is willing and able to provide training to any number of users in any number of sessions as per our client’s requests.
In addition to Systems Administrator and End User training, Control Technology Solutions provides training to a wide variety of users for a wide variety of purposes including:
- Management product overview training, to increase understanding of how the application fits into the business
- Developer training in a number of areas of the product such as reports, java customizations, and configurations, to further enable the client to work independently after CTS’s initial involvement
- Support training, to further enable Systems Administrators and Help Desk technicians to respond internally to user requests for assistance
Control Technology Solutions can also provide training on existing systems we did not implement; we have been requested by a number of clients to analyze existing undocumented customizations, develop accompanying documentation, and provide training and support to the clients’ end users on the product in question.
Whatever your Maximo training needs, Control Technology Solutions can help. Contact us today to find out more.
Control Technology Solutions provides a variety of support services to our clients, including IBM authorized Level I and II support for the Maximo base product, support for CTS products, post implementation support, and Premium support to provide you with additional flexibility.